The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Graphene Technology based in the Cambridge Graphene Centre at the University of Cambridge invites applications for full-time 4-year PhD studentships starting in October 2019. The Centre’s research and training activities focus on Cambridge’s internationally recognised strength in graphene, carbon allotropes, layered crystals and hybrid nanomaterials. The Centre has a strong collaboration with industrial and academic partners across various disciplines (Engineering, Nanotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology) which will help shape and develop the Centre’s vision and mission activities.
The structure of the course is a one-year MRes course followed by a 3-year PhD study. The first year will form the scientific and technical expertise of the students in science and technology of graphene and related materials, ranging from basic physics, chemistry and nanotechnology to applications in the areas of electronics, photonics, communications, energy, bio-medicine and composites. This will be done by a combination of taught modules, workshops and short projects. Coupled with these, business and entrepreneurship skills, public outreach and tailored professional development significantly extend the training. The students will have a clear view of various research areas and be equipped with the necessary skills and experimental techniques in Graphene Technology before selecting their PhDs at the end of the year, enabling them to use their next 3 years efficiently, rapidly achieving high impact research and independence.
Application Deadline :
- June 28, 2019
- Full EPSRC funding is available for UK students and European students who have studied in the UK for 3 years.
- Students are normally expected to have a 2.1 or 1st class honours degree from a UK University or an equivalent standard from an overseas university.
- The Centre welcomes applications from students with background in engineering, chemistry, physics, materials science, chemical engineering, nanotechnology, biotechnology and related disciplines.
- The Graphene Technology CDT offers opportunities to carry out PhD projects in the Departments of Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science and Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology. The PhD degree will be granted from the Department where the research project is carried out.
- Full 4-year scholarship, covering fees, maintenance and additional costs.
- Applications should be made via the Cambridge University Applicant portal:https://www.doctoral.graphene.cam.ac.uk/how-to-apply
For more clarifications about this scholarship please visit the official website for more information.
For more Scholarship updates please Click here to view more….